What is DevTools?
DevTools is a suite of performance and debugging tools for Dart and Flutter.
What can I do with DevTools?
Here are some of the things you can do with DevTools:
- Inspect the UI layout and state of a Flutter app.
- Diagnose UI jank performance issues in a Flutter app.
- CPU profiling for a Flutter or Dart app.
- Network profiling for a Flutter app.
- Source-level debugging of a Flutter or Dart app.
- Debug memory issues in a Flutter or Dart command-line app.
- View general log and diagnostics information about a running Flutter or Dart command-line app.
- Analyze code and app size.
We expect you to use DevTools in conjunction with your existing IDE or command-line based development workflow.
How do I install DevTools?
See the Android Studio/IntelliJ, VS Code, or command line pages for installation instructions.
Please give DevTools a try, provide feedback, and file issues in the DevTools issue tracker. Thanks!
For more information on debugging and profiling Flutter apps, see the Debugging page and, in particular, its list of other resources.
For more information on using DevTools with Dart command-line apps, see the DevTools documentation on dart.dev.